It may not seem like it with this warm weather, but fall is just around the corner – on September 22nd to be exact. And as we prepare for cooler weather, gorgeous foliage, and of course, pumpkin-spiced lattes, we also need to adjust our skincare routine. The drier weather can wreak havoc on our skin, resulting in dry, dehydrated, and more sensitive skin. That’s why switching up our skincare routine is essential to maintaining that healthy glow during these cooler months. Below are six esthetician-approved skincare tips for fall.
1. Invest in a Heavier Moisturizer: Keep your skin looking supple and glowing by opting for a richer, creamier moisturizer during fall and winter. Incorporate a moisturizer into your nighttime routine to help your skin retain its moisture and to avoid dry, flakey skin.
2. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate: Hydrating serums are an important part of your skincare routine as they help your skin to better retain moisture. One of the best ingredients for dehydrated skin is Hyaluronic Acid. This ingredient not only helps to hydrate your skin, but it also plumps up your skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
3. Keep Lathering on that SPF: Just because the sun isn’t shining as bright, doesn’t mean harmful UVA and UVB rays aren’t still present. UV rays contribute to premature skin aging and increase our risk of skin cancer. So start your morning beauty routine by applying an SPF that’s right for your skin type to protect your skin all day long.
4. Nourish Your Skin: Your skin will thank you when you implement vitamin-rich skincare ingredients into your daily routine. Think products with Vitamins C, E and A, which all aid in maintaining healthy, glowing skin all year round. Vitamin C helps to regenerate the skin cells and brighten the complexion, while vitamin A helps to hydrate skin and even out skin tone, and vitamin E reduces the appearance of dark spots, wrinkles, and more.
5. Use a Lip + Eye Moisturizer: Our lips and eyes need a little extra loving during these drier months too! Find a lip balm and eye moisturizer with hydrating ingredients and start implementing this into your daily routine.
6. Book a Facial: Did you know that you should have a facial at least four times per year? We recommend treatments at the start of each new season. And fall is the perfect time to visit MM Beauty! We will provide you with a detailed skin analysis and from there, we will suggest changes to implement into your skincare routine. We will also recommend products and treatments suitable for your unique skin type to help you achieve your best skin this fall and winter!